- Word Search
- Look After Your Wellie
- New Arxus Boots
- Seat Covers
- New in from Equetech
- Horse Treats
- Pawfect Presents for your pet
- Ancol Christmas Toys in store
- Peanut Butter for dogs
- Let it snow...
- In a tin gift ideas
- Squawking Good Toys
- Warm up your home
- Tractor Ted Children's Gifts
- 2021 Calendars
- More in Equestrian
Wishing all our customers a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
We welcome back Becky from her maternity leave. Where did that year go?
New staff – new faces in store Jo – coming from a farming background, managing a DIY livery, having Riding Instructor qualifications and serving in a customer focused industry for many years, we feel Jo will be able to support our customer enquiries on so many levels.
Lou – has a background in farming and equestrian activities, being involved in very hands-on tasks with calving, shearing, TB testing. She has also been involved in working with dog boarding kennels, so appreciates the importance of good customer service skills.
Georgia - has knowledge of dressage, dairy farming and business. Her family have a business relevant to the pet industry, for which Georgia has been involved in digital marketing, administration and sales. With her background of understanding delivering excellent customer service, we feel that our customers will benefit from her equestrian, pet and agricultural knowledge.
‘Twas the night before Christmas... What a year 2020 has been for one and all! You don’t need us to remind you of that though. While we advertise our hours of opening, we wanted to offer up our thanks to those who won’t be able to “…..settle[d] our brains for a long winter’s nap….” -namely those in the farming and agricultural industry, with animals to care for and fields to tend. So, a shout out to all of you who must work through the night while we snuggle up and wait for our Christmas delivery – but until then “Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”
CUT OFF DATE FOR PRE-CHRISTMAS DELIVERIES We would request that orders required before Christmas should be with us by Monday 14th December 2020 for guaranteed delivery.
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TRADING HOURS
- Thursday 24th December 2020 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday 25th December 2020 Closed
- Saturday 26th December 2020 Closed
- Sunday 27th December 2020 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday 28th December 2020 10 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Thursday 31st December 2020 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday 1st January 2021 Closed
We have received a thank you note from LOROS for the money collected instore in the collection box. £15.48. Many thanks for your charitable contributions.
Last month’s word search was generously sponsored by Gateway1 and the winner is Joanna Burrow of Kibworth.
Win a £20 Welland Valley Feeds Voucher
‘Twas The Night Before CHRISTMAS is one of the oldest and most popular Christmas poems ever. Written in the NINETEENTH_CENTURY, it was published in the Troy Sentinel New York Newspaper in the EIGHTEEN_HUNDREDS (on the TWENTY_THIRD of DECEMBER 1823). Originally
published anonymously, this led to some controversy regarding its author: CLEMENT_CLARKE_ MOORE or HENRY_ LIVINGSTONE_ JR. The poem features ST NICHOLAS with his eight REINDEER (DASHER, DANCER, PRANCER, VIXEN, COMET, CUPID, DONNER, BLITZEN) describing how he
arrives on his SLEIGH, climbs down the CHIMNEY and fills our STOCKINGS with TOYS.
Don’t be a Wally, Look After Your Wellie!
Billy Connolly’s Wellie song from 1974 reminds us why we love our Wellies “Wellies they are wonderful, oh wellies they are swell Cause they keep out the water, and they keep in the smell” The rest isn’t always suitable for publication!!!
We hope our winner of the Gateway1 boots will enjoy them for years to come but here are a few tips and some information we’ve gleaned to try and help you keep your wellies in tip top condition! We have a wide range of wellington boots for all sorts of agricultural, industrial and other leisure activities. Looking after your Wellies will help prolong their life.
RUBBER WELLINGTONS – these are manufactured from a natural product and need to be cared for to maintain a long lifespan.
- Drying them in front of a radiator will cause them to split/crack.
- Look after them as if you were looking after your skin!
Some Wellie Wisdom!
- Did you know the Wellington boot was first named after Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington in the 1800s
- He wanted a boot that was both functional when riding his horse but could be used for informal evening wear.
- The vulcanised rubber that we know and love in traditional boots today had its inception under Charles Goodyear (known for Goodyear tyres) who developed a process of combining rubber sap and sulphur and applying heat which meant the boots could be kept pliable in both heat and cold.
- Originally Wellington Boots were black, but The Original Green Wellington was introduced by Hunter Boot in 1956.
Taking your boot off Using a step or the toe of your boot to remove your Wellies is likely to cause excessive stress wear to the boot heel, which in turn is likely to cause splitting. A boot remover will not only reduce the stress to the heel of your boot but will also place less stress on your back.
- Protects against cracks and blooming Maintains the ‘like new’ look and helps preserve flexibility and colour.
- Revivex® protects against the degrading effects of the sun.
- Rubber boot treatment is also ideal for all types of vinyl, hypalon, latex, plastics, and nylon.
- 1 x 5g tube of Stormsure Flexible Repair Adhesive 2 x 75mm TUFF Tape Repair Patches 1 x Disposable gloves
Cleaning the outside of your Wellies:
- Start by using warm water and dampening a clean cloth / paper towel
- Rinse or wipe away light dirt and grime
- Do this after each wearing (preferably)
- This will save you having to spend longer getting off encrusted dirt and debris in future
- Work from the top down (so as not to get any debris inside your boot).
- Heavier soil (anything that didn’t come off with the water dampened cloth) may require you to make a weak washing up solution (for example: add a teaspoon of washing-up liquid with a 1 litre of warm water)
- Using another clean cloth, dip into the mixture and work from top to bottom in firm circular motion.
- Make sure you rinse off any detergent with plain water and a clean cloth afterwards to avoid damage or marks.
Drying your Wellies:
- Allow your boots to air dry naturally...
- DO NOT put them on a radiator or try using a hair dryer or the tumble dryer (no idea why anyone would want to use this destructive approach!)
- KEEP THEM OUT OF DIRECT SUNLIGHT but don’t leave them in the freezing outhouse or shed either.
- EXTREMES OF TEMPERATURE WILL DRY AND CRACK THE RUBBER
- Stuffing your Wellies with old newspaper or an old clean towel rolled up can help the drying process (change every couple of hours as required)
- Do not fold your Wellies as the rubber will crack – use newspaper or rolled up towels to help them keep their shape (boot trees are available)
- Store in a cool, well ventilated space.
See our range of Boot Bags – but you can equally use a paper bag to keep them in the dark when they are not in use
New Alan Paine Boots
Created in Sweden for the demanding terrain of Scandinavia, tested in the tough Nordic environment and proudly distributed in the UK by Alan Paine, Arxus field boots are built to perform in the great outdoors even in the most extreme conditions. At the forefront of rubber boot manufacture, Arxus boots are uniquely developed to achieve the highest levels of comfort, performance and durability.
- Sizes 7 to 12 Arxus Primo Nord Air is a boot which provides a high level of walking comfort with a focus on minimising condensation within the boot.
- The lining has a thickness of 1.5mm and sits above the textile brush ‘mid layer’ which contains air cells.
Arxus Primo Nord Lightweight Boot – Olive £260
- Sizes 5 – 12 Primo Nord LW from Arxus is the ultimate lightweight insulated natural rubber boot.
- It has a temperature regulating function that prevents overheating and ensures comfort in all weathers.
- Sizes 7 – 12 The Arxus Primo Nord Zip is a versatile natural rubber boot suitable for all manner of country pursuits.
- The useful rear zip allows easy circulation of air to the foot should it become warm after walking
A 2-year guarantee is offered on the heavy duty Riri zip and metal clamping buckle.
Faux leather reinforcement at the heel inside the boot to avoid a tear-out effect of the lining.
Boot soles are built up in three technical layers for unrivalled comfort and support, incorporating the exclusive Arxus X-pattern high grip sole.
Removable anatomic felt-lined EVA insoles for increased insulation against the cold ground.
HOGGS GHILLIE II WATERPROOF FLEECE JACKET GREEN £79.95
With a higher specification fabric now available and the opportunity to
adjust to a slightly more contemporary fit, it made sense for Hoggs of Fife to
upgrade their popular Ghillie, waterproof fleece jacket. Of course, they have
kept the stunning quilted lining and all the excellent features of the original!
• 320g anti-pill polar fleece
• Quilted polyester lining
• Faux suede binding either side of zip
• Fully taped seams, drop liner membrane
• Tapered sleeves, with internal ribbed cuff
• Four zipped pockets (1 internal)
• Machine washable at 40°C
- The PetGear Boot and Bumper Cover does just that and offers all-inone rear of car protection. The hard wearing and fully washable cover prevents scratches to the bumper from pets jumping into the car, and protects the boot area from dog hairs, wet and muddy paws.
- The cover is easy to fit and remove and is lightly padded for dog comfort . Durable wipe clean fabric Size: 114cm
- The PetGear Rear Hammock Protector provides a complete solution for protecting car seats from dog hairs, mud, sand and spills.
- Covering the entire rear seating area & floor the hammock secures to front and rear headrests.
- Made from moisture resistant, wipe clean fabric, the cover is fully washable at 30 degrees. Size: H 148 x W 145
- Great care has been taken in the choice of material which allows you to sponge off any mud, liquids, oil, grease, and paint.
- It is resistant to them all, giving your seats years of protection.
- Suitable for work or leisure. These covers should not be used on seats fitted with air bags as they could affect their activation.
- Suitable for most vans, cars, tractors, trucks and 4 x 4s. Washable at 30.
- Colours: Grey, green, navy, black
NEW IN FROM EQUETECH
- Super soft, cosy knitted headband - plush fleece lining. Snowflake pattern + crystal embellishments & Equetech metal pelham badge to front.
- Perfect for casual & equestrian activities. Stretch fit. 100% Acrylic.
- One size fits all! Deep, fleece lined pom-pom knit stretch winter hat with unique lapel to front with Equetech metal pelham badge.
- Ideal for yard duties and training. Machine washable. 100% Acrylic
- One size fits all! Deep, cosy headband with a horse bit chain pattern and super-soft fleece lining.
- Ideal for all yard duties and training. Stretch fit. Machine washable. 100% Acrylic.
- One size fits all! Great for any unicorn mad child.
- Have a magical time with this unique winter knitted headband featuring a unicorn face to front, 3D metallic unicorn horn to top, 3D faux fur ears and fleece lining.
- 100% polyester.
- One size fits all! Designed to fit any riding hat / helmet.
- Faux sheepskin lining provides comfort and warmth in the coldest wear, protecting your ears and neck.
- Sit inside the helmet with Velcro attachment.
- Stretch fit, Machine washable. 95% Polyester / 5% Lycra®.
- Fitting snuggly under your riding helmet to protect your ears, neck, chest and back from the wind and cold and keep you warm.
- Machine washable. 100% polyester.
- One size fits all! Keep your child’s ears totally warm with the soft faux fur and keep the magic going with the 3D metallic ears topped with a sparkly silver horn!!! 100% polyester.
Matchy Matchy Horse Sets will make excellent gifts for your equestrian loving friends! We have a variety of different products in many colour choices, to give you some idea of the sets that can be made up see from the selection below:
- Low Sugar Treats for horses
PAWFECT PRESENTS - Xmas presents for your pet!
- With an adjustable strap that allows it to fit most dogs you can dress up your dog in these festive and fun reindeer antlers – they have the bells to “jingle all the way”
- A durable extra snuggly stuffed body toy for your big dog.
- 60cm in length from antlers to feet with a loud squeak and durable rope limbs
- The perfect Christmas themed hug and tug toy for all dogs the Good Boy Snowdog Hug Tug has a fun, festive design based on the film.
- The Snowman & The Snowdog, providing tons of entertainment and amusement for all sizes and breeds.
- The flashing reindeer nose will provide some festive fun to entertain the whole family while the thick knit high neck jumper will keep your pooch warm and looking fabulous
Lots of festive fun with these crinkley stuffed head squeaky dog toys.
- Perfect Festive Treats for your Dog – includes: Turkey & Cranberry Flavour Bones; Beef Bones; Choc Drops; a Christmas Tree Chew and a squeaky Chew
Ancol Christmas Toys In Store
- This Jaws Ball Rubber Foraging Dog Toy is a great way to encourage a dog to work for their treats, just wedge them amongst the rubber ‘teeth’ all around the ball, or inside the centre hole.
- The soft rubber encourages healthy gums too. Without the treats, it can be used to play fetch, watch it bounce around in unusual ways due to its circular shape.
- Packed with tasty 100% natural chicken breast meat treat PLUS an exciting rope toy.
- Food and fun – that’s what Christmas is all about!
Peanut Butter for dogs!
- Nut butter formulated especially for dogs. The range includes natural nut butter such as the 100% natural dog peanut butter (Treat Time) as well as the added benefits range peanut butters such as Strong Teeth, Coat Health and Joint & Movement peanut butter.
- These dog peanut butters are an ideal treat but you can use them to hide medication inside also.
Let it Snow! Useful products to help you this winter...
- A traditional style plastic sledge in a bright colour for outdoor winter fun – be ready when the snow arrives!
- Spray operates down to -15 C and melts ice fast from your car windows
- Light durable plastic with an easy grip handle.
- Removes snow and ice from windscreen quickly and easily
In a Tin Gift Ideas
- They’re a handy pocket-friendly design coming with two extra tools hidden in the handles and a storage bag.
- They can cut up to 15mm diameter – perfect for gardeners, hikers and campers. Rustproof stainless steel, designed in the UK
- Contents: assorted wooden farm animals, farmer, tractor and felt play mat
- Contents: Mini snips, plant tie raffia, garden wire, wooden labels and pencil
- Contents: Wooden shapes to make 8 British butterflies and 3 bees, pre-cut transparent paper, window hangers, butterfly & bee guide, pens, glue and instructions.
Squawking Good Toys!
- The rungs on this Natural Log Ladder Bridge Parrot Toy – Large are bark so a bird can spend many hours peeling it all off.
- There are many ways to have fun with this from fastening across two points as a bridge, or down the bars on one side of the cage or as a hammock
- The Parrot can have fun exercising as they play and keep fit and healthy with this physically and mentally stimulating Parrot Basketball Set.
- Handmade natural treats that are gift wrapped especially for the bird in your life.
- No additives or preservatives are used in the making of these Parrot Cafe Treats.
- Included are two easy to grip wiffle balls that have multiple holes, letting the Parrot easily carry them in their feet or beak.
- This Foraging Barrel Parrot Toy is ideal for creating foraging fun for a Parrot.
- Use the quick link provided to securely and easily fasten this to the cage or play gym.
- Great for Parrots that love to help themselves to anything lying around the desk or in a shirt pocket!
- Made from 100% wood they are a much safer alternative to any ordinary pencil!
- These attractively coloured Snuggle Sack Hideaways offer great value, are a cosy and soft place to hide and keep warm.
- Two metal clips securely attach to the cage bars, and it is machine washable, so you can easily keep your bird’s Snuggle Sack looking great.
- Not recommended for longtailed birds.
- Please note - the hideaway may stimulate nesting behaviour.
Warm up you home
As the nights draw in and the weather gets colder, why not add some of our fuel products to warm up your homes?
- The sustainable alternative to kiln dried logs for winter and summer in an eco-friendly paper sack. Hotmax wood briquettes are an ideal, virtually smokeless fuel for your home in winter and for outdoor use in summer.
- These high-density, compacted heat logs are made from 100% natural, recycled wood dust.
- They’re quick and easy to light and they give you high heat very fast with very low emissions and minimal ash residue.
Tractor Ted Children's Gifts
We’ve added to the Tractor Ted Range with these new products
We have the 2021 Tottering By Gently Calendars Dog Days Calendar, Lord & Lady Calendar Gardening Couples Calendar £5.99 each
We have local photographer Caroline Burton’s 2021 Shooting Calendar available in store to buy at £12.50
Our own Welland Valley Gift Vouchers make excellent presents! Available in denominations of £5, £10, £20 or £50
More in Equestrian...