Keep updated with our news and product information.
- Word Search
- New products from Ariat
- New from Mark Todd
- New in this season The House of Cheviot
- New boots in store - footwear from Ariat and Grubs
- BE SAFE BE SEEN
- Trick Or Treat Time – Keeping Your Pet Calm And Safe
- New Dog Coats
- Dog Bowls and Treat Tins
- For your small Pet
- For all your farming and smallholding feeds
- New in from Eco Chic
- Tilnar Art Products
WORD SEARCH - WIN a bag of Blue Chip Lami Light 15kg worth £33.95
October’s Word Search has been sponsored by Blue Chip who will provide a bag of their Lami-Light. Lami-Light provides your horse with an ultimate diet feed balancer full of essential nutrients to maintain the optimum health of your horse.
1. DIET 2. BALANCER 3. VITAMINS 4. MINERALS 5. NUTRIENTS 6. HEALTH 7. DAILY 8. DIGESTIVE 9. PROBIOTIC 10. PREBIOTIC 11. SEPOLITE 12. LAMINITIS 13. TOXINS 14. PHLEVELS 15. ZINC 16. BIOTIN 17. OVERWEIGHT 18. HOOVES 19. ANTIOXIDANTS 20. NUCLEOTIDES
Email ................................................................................... Telephone.............................................................
MSF Welland Valley Feeds – Competition Terms: When entering this competition, you are agreeing to us using your information for our marketing purposes. The information is NOT shared with any third party. We will announce the winner on our Facebook page and in the next issue of our Newsletter. Please indicate how you would prefer us to contact you: Post ( ) Email ( ) Telephone ( )
SEND / E-MAIL / DROP OFF Your entries by Friday 16th October 2020 at 09.30 a.m. Post: MSF Welland Valley Feeds Limited, Rockingham Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire. LE16 7QE E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Drop off your entry in store
Welland Valley Feeds are looking to hire a Retail sales assistant at our Rockingham Road store in Market Harborough. Hours:
Thursday 8 am to 5.30 pm,
Friday 8am to 5.30 pm,
Saturday 8am to 5 pm and
Sunday 10am to 4 pm.
email cv to email@example.com
Preferably have good knowledge of equine, agriculture, small holding.
Physically demanding, excellent customer service skills required.
Please demonstrate in your application why you would be suitable for this position. It is with regret that we may not be able to give a response to unsuccessful applicants.
Welland Valley Feeds team are constantly working hard to deliver excellent customer service and this is just a brief outline
- Shop floor team– standing for hours and smiling (behind those masks), filling shelves, loading vehicles, assisting with advice to a variety of customer queries, in-store displays, keeping upto date with product knowledge
- Back office team - taking customer telephone orders, checking stock in, assisting with deliveries, managing customer and supplier ledgers, dealing with voucher redemptions, marketing
- Warehouse team – making sure goods are checked in accurately and managing quality control
- Drivers / warehouse – picking orders for dispatch, and driving and delivering heavy volumes of stock
How lovely it is when all this hard work is appreciated by our customers via social media – the Google reviews and the phone calls / emails of thanks all do get passed on. This was one received recently:
"Just want to say a big thank you to your delivery guy for putting the bag of corn through the side gate today - it can’t have been easy as the car was in the way (I did intend to move it for him). Sorry I was not able to answer the door! So... would be v grateful if you would thank him on my behalf - so helpful. Much appreciated. He’s a star!"
Well Done Sam!
This month’s cover photo of cows cooling in the canal was taken by Richard Garfield while out along Foxton Locks
Thank You to Di for 12 years service
With COVID 19 and the demise of our A4 newsletter, Di has decided after 12 years, to leave us here at Welland Valley Feeds to spend more time working on her farm. The office certainly won’t be the same without her! There’s so much serious work undertaken and sometimes we need a lift which Di certainly knew how to do – generally with frequent bursts of song, stories galore or delicious cakes brought in from home.
We have been very lucky to have her farming knowledge in the business and that, coupled with her firm but fair credit control calls have been a great asset. She has built up an excellent rapport with those account customers who have needed a call and with all the customers who have regularly advertised with us.
We wish her all the very best and we are already looking forward to her visits to the store.
New products from Ariat at WVF
- The Ariat Stable Jacket is a water and wind resistant jacket with a lightweight polyfill quilted lining.
- Featuring a mock collar, fitted hem and logo embroidery as well as zippered entry for team embroidery.
- Our Keats tech fleece hoodie is breathable and stretchy, plus horsehair and saw dust don’t cling to it.
- Fine details include a corded drawstring and rubberised heat transfer logo.
- Team work makes the dream work, as they say, and this jacket’s winning combination of lightweight warmth and Ariat Team branding is hard to beat.
- Down Insulation for exceptional warmth with minimal bulk.
- Premium down helps maintain optimal body temperature and protect against the cold
- Packs easily in attached pouch
- Superior insulation, with streamlined grid quilting, and 3D-embossed shell.
- AriatTEK® Cold Series technology keeps body core warm
- Warm, resilient, moisture-wicking layering piece that’s a cinch to zip into.
- Seamed detailing at the sleeves and shoulders gives it beautiful structure while hip pocket offers easy storage.
- Engineered for serious teamwork, the Braze offers performance stretch inside and out, superior construction and key details like storm cuffs and stacked pockets.
- Sporty panelling details for a flattering fit and brushed stretch jersey for ease of movement.
- Soft cotton jersey feels as good as it fits.
New from Mark Todd
- Practical for everyday use yet smart enough to stand out at events. Machine washable, durable, comfy and breathable.
- Features four way stretch, Euro seat, knee patches, 4 cm waistband with loops and two front zip pockets.
- A super smart saddle pad featuring channel quilting in foam filled polyester with a quick dry, wicking lining
- The Tempest Original stable rug is great for early spring and autumn weather, also perfect as an extra layer when the weather is really cold.
- Key features: 210 denier outer, 100g quilted polyfill, adjustable buckle chest straps, adjustable cross surcingles, fillet string, tail flap.
- These stylish breeches with a full silicone seat in unique Hy Signature honeycomb pattern offer excellent comfort and performance.
- Additional features include silver Hy logo detail on the lower leg, belt loops, stretch lower leg cuffs and zip fastening with hook.
- Dual-action odour eliminators, specifically targeted to instantly remove pet waste odours.
- Uses the latest in bacterial enzyme technology to accelerate the breakdown of pet waste to give professional results.
- Great for decks, patio furniture, concrete, rock and more.
- Treats up to 25,000 sq. ft.
- The outdoor grass fragrance will leave your yard smelling the way nature intended. Safe for use around pets and children when used as directed. Contains a 945ml hose attachment.
New in this season The House of Cheviot
Buckminster Shooting Socks £34.94
Ladies Lilac Spaniel Design Small 3.5- 5.5 Medium 6 – 8
Men’s Navy Labrador Design Medium 8 – 10 Large 10.5 – 12.5
- Merino Wool/Acrylic Blend 85%
- Nylon Reinforcement 10%
- Lycra 5%
New boots in store - footwear from Ariat and Grubs
- A great boot for colder days, which is made from a waterproof, full-grain leather and suede upper and features 4LR™ technology for comfort and support.
- The Waterproof Pro™ membrane construction and 200g Thinsulate™ insulation provide protection from the elements.
- With its versatile front lace style, ¾ faux fur lining and trim, non-marking, barnyard acid resisting and stirrup friendly Duratread™ outsole, the Wythburn H2O Insulated is a great addition to your country wardrobe.
- Looking for your go-to country boot? The lowprofile, highly functioning and stylish Wexford H2O is your solution.
- ATS® technology for stability and all-day comfort
- Waterproof Pro™ construction
- Waterproof, full-grain leather
- Traditional twin gore style
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- Windermere country boot is ready for anything – chores at the yard, an afternoon ride, and more.
- This refined classic features a stretch gusset for a confident fit and an emblem logo hardware design detail. It’s complete with a rider-friendly outsole and is waterproof too.
- 4LR™ technology for support and cushioning
- Breathable Waterproof Pro™ membrane construction with waterproof, full-grain leather and suede upper
- Stirrup friendly outsole
- Non-marking, barnyard acid-resisting Duratread™ outsole provides maximum wear resistance and flexibility
- Sizes 4 – 8
- Stretch panel in the shaft, 100% waterproof and a great calf fit.
- Perfect for little feet and big puddles, these Tractor Ted wellies will be a big hit with any youngster!
- Dark teal green and adorned with your favourite farm animals from calves and piglets to foals and duckings (and not forgetting Tractor Ted of course)!
- Super gorgeous, super fun and super splashy!
OCTOBER SPECIAL Dengie Hi Fi Molasses Free Normally £13.25 offer price £11.75
BE SAFE BE SEEN – TOP TO TOE!
It’s that time of year again – the clocks go back Sunday 25th October 2020 at 2 a.m so we’ll be coming and going in the dark.
Welland Valley Feeds provide a range of products to help you and your animals be seen in the poorer light – from top to toe!
- Reflective clothes help you to be more visible in the dark when a light source (like car headlight) is present.
- Different colours reflect different amounts of light.
- Certain colours and materials are more reflective in the dark.
- Retroreflectors in clothes and road signs reflect light along the path from which it originates, making it seem brighter.
- Reflective strips on knees, ankles, tails (animals of course!) move up and down when the person (walks / runs / cycles / rides) which helps drivers to better recognise the object in front of them as moving rather than a simple stationary light source.
- This must have REVERSIBLE Equi-Flector Waistcoat Gilet provides the wearer visibility in low light or when on the road.
- Suitable for sport users who need high visibility for cycling, road running, horse riding.
- Reverse the garment for a quality navy quilted waistcoat. Also features zip pockets, rear vent and two-way zip.
- This one size hat cover, brightly coloured with reflective stars, will top off your brightest “Be Seen” outfit to stay as visible as possible in poor light conditions or when road riding. Fits 53 – 62 cm hat.
- The HyVIZ Hat Band fits neatly around any riding hat.
- Fluorescent with silver retro-reflective tape for style and safety on an elasticated band to keep the hat band in position.
- All year-round visibility.
- One size fits all.
- Stylish HyVIZ Waistcoat with PLEASE PASS WIDE & SLOW printed on the back.
- CE marked. Certified to EN1150.
- Breathable fabric, with YKK zip fastening to the front and a pocket for your mobile phone.
- Elegant cut for a flattering fit. Fluorescent with silver reflective tape for style and safety, front and back.
- All year-round visibility. Machine washable at 40ºC.
- As seen on Dragons’ Den. High vis and reflective.
- Research study of 6,000 motorists showed how much space drivers gave Dr Gerrard of Brunel University when he was out on his bike.
- The POLITE waistcoat slowed traffic.
- Stylish and comfortable, it is beautifully cut ensuring an ergonomic fit.
- Front zip and fully adjustable at the back.
- Fully washable on 30º, hang to dry.
- Fits securely around the top of your horse’s tail.
- High visibility with reflective patch.
- 100% synthetic. Wipe clean.
- Hook and loop fastening means it’s easy to adjust, put on and take off.
- An effective addition to your riding gear to ensure you stay safe and seen when road riding or riding in low light.
- Fits easily and securely around your riding hat.
- A reflective armband phone holder perfect for visibility and waterproofing in all outdoor activities.
- Fully adjustable touch tape to ensure the perfect fit around the arm.
- Neoprene fabric minimises rubbing and chafing on the arm.
- The specially designed waterproof plastic pocket has an easy slit opening to push (& fit) iPhone plus – enabling you to use your phone whilst in the pouch.
- Also has a zip pocket for key storage.
- High visibility waistcoat will offer higher levels of visibility and reflectivity than many cheaper alternatives on the market.
- 4 hours run time, 150 lumens. High / Medium / Flash functions with USB rechargeable battery included.
- Top of the range high visibility garment.
- This waterproof garment has stitched and tape welded seams to keep the harsh weather out and good quality lining to keep you warm.
- Clips around your pet’s neck for instant illumination. One size (70cm) – easily cut to size.
- Water resistant.
- Three light settings and a USB port to enable the band to be recharged. Visible up to 500 metres if your dog is exercising off the lead.
- Durable, weatherproof and reflective. Battery powered LED creates a kaleidoscope of colour when activated, keeping dog and owner visible on those dark walkies
- Water resistant light. Set to one of two settings – flicker / constant. Fits anywhere. Clip to collar, lead or harness.
Microchipping – It’s Legal for Dogs and Horses (Ponies & Donkeys too)
Microchipping became compulsory for dogs in April 2016, but were you also aware that it is a legal requirement to microchip your horse, pony and donkey?
FOR HORSES: The law for microchipping your equestrian animals came in to force in October 2018 but with effect from 01.10.2020, failure to comply with this law means you can face sanctions from your local authority who can issue a compliance notice and, as a last resort, a fine.
- The process and procedure are very similar to that required by dogs – costing about £25.00 - £30.00.
- It is a quick and simple procedure that involves using a needle to insert the microchip (a tiny computer the size of a grain of rice) into the crest on the left side of the neck.
- This chip has a unique number and is registered with your Passport Issuing Organisation (PIO) and the Central Equine Database (CED).
- To check which database your chip is registered with: www.check-a-chip.co.uk
- Always ensure the breeder has microchipped your horse before you take it home.
- If you have a rescue animal, ask the vet to scan the horse to check the microchip and paperwork correspond.
- Visit https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-advice/ microchipping-and-passporting-your-horse for a clear guide to microchipping and passporting your horse.
FOR DOGS: you can visit https://www.dogstrust.ie/ help-advice/microchipping/ who provide advice and guidance on microchipping your canine friends.
- The Control of Dogs Order 1992 requires that you provide a collar and tag stating owner’s name and address.
- It is helpful to include the telephone number.
- Welland Valley Feeds can order your IdentiTAG in a range of sizes and shapes – usual turnaround is 2 – 3 working days.
Trick Or Treat Time – Keeping Your Pet Calm And Safe
Golly, the clocks going back, and the next event is Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night.
While some two-legged friends (aka adults & children!) might find the noise, parties, bonfires, bangs and spectacles exciting, our four-legged friends are likely to be scared and anxious!
Animal behaviour changes when they are scared (for example, trembling, excessive panting, hiding away and excessive drooling) so we have a range of products that can help your cat / dog / horse to be calm.
- 450 drops – dog, parrot, cat, rabbit – dosage by weight.
- 3 vials. For use (dogs) before Firework displays (and thunderstorms and travelling)
Calming Solution for Cats and Dogs
- Adaptil Range for Dogs Scientifically proven to help support dogs during stressful situations
- Composed of a synthetic copy of the pheromone released by the mother dog 2 -3 days after birth.
- Non-drug solution to comfort dogs in stressful situations
- Can be sprayed on their bedding and in the car
- Contains a diffuser and 30 day refill.
- Helps to remain calm and adapt at home (when alone, with loud noises, visitors)
- Helps to remain calm and adapt even when outdoors
- Oral supplement to be used for occasional challenging events – fireworks and thunderstorms
- Equine appeasing pheromone gel to reduce stress.
- Lasts for 2.5 hours.
- Apply when calm to the nostrils.
New Dog Coats
Hugo & Hudson London Premium Quality Dog Coats - Prices start from £34.00 XS 25cm, S 30cm, M 40cm, L 55cm
- Reversible Puffer Jackets are practical and stylish.
- These jackets are water repellent and filled with a high quality stuffing making them super warm and cosy.
- They have a zip fastening and can be easily machine-washed Material: 100% Nylon Care & Use: Machine wash cold, air dry.
- Hideout, scratch post and activity centre in one
- Cosy hidey-hole den that allows your cat to retreat and relax without disturbances
- The top platform can be used as a nap area or lookout by curious cats
- Sisal rope post to encourage scratching in a safe and specific spot
- With a hanging toy for your cat’s amusement, meaning this activity centre is great for playing, scratching and sleeping. - 60cm high
Dog Bowls and Treat Tins
- Silicon ring around the base to keep the bowl firmly in place, even with the most enthusiastic eater!
Charity Many thanks to all who gave to Canine Partners, highly skilled assistance dogs.
- Adorable storage tin for animal lovers.
- Made from powder coated galvanized steel.
- Perfect for storing knick-knacks and loose ends - even treats for a much-loved pet.
- Beautifully moulded in steel, there are no seams, giving a smooth finish.
- A tough powder coating ensures it will stay looking good.
- Complete with a handy seed scoop and a hook to hang it on.
- Feed the birds plums, halved oranges, pears and other soft fruit.
- Made of strong galvanized steel, this has a tough powder coating to keep the feeder easy to clean and looking good.
- 15cm leather hanging cord allows easy hanging from a branch or bird feeding station.
- Created in strong steel and with a tough powder coating, this tin has two strong metal clasps that hold the hinged lid securely shut.
For your small Pet
- Encourages gnawing
- Maintains good dental health
- Made with corn meal, corn flour, rice, and soybean flour
- Measures 4cm
- These Gnaws from the Ancol Just 4 Pets range are made of 100% natural materials.
- Perfect for gnawing, nibbling, and adding interest to your pet’s environment.
- The Gnaw features a string and hook so it can be hung from the top of a cage or hutch.
- Components: Wood, pet-friendly dyes, pet friendly non-toxic glue.
- Natural edible materials.
For all your farming and smallholding feeds
Badminton Country Stock Mix 20kg £9.95 (Cattle Sheep Goat….)
- A convenient all-round smallholder ration to suit all ruminants
- Provides highly digestible energy which will meet the increased demands of pregnant, lactating or growing stock, or simply supplement that provided by forage.
- Supplies good quality protein sources to support production and development.
- Contains a full spectrum of vitamins, minerals and trace elements to support health and well-being.
For your bulk / blown feed requirements (3 tonne or more) please contact us on 01858 461463
New in from Eco Chic
- Compact umbrella great for travel these mini umbrellas fit into literally any compartment, from a handbag or clutch to your trouser pocket.
- Small umbrellas which come in many Styles & Colours.
- Made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Folding down to only 20cm feature a carbon fibre shaft and six carbon fibre ribs.
- Perfect for making that rainy day brighter.
- Available in: Grey Bee, Sheep, Black Scatty Scotty, Multiple Stacking Cats, Olive Woodland, Blue Owl
- Available in: Green Wild Birds, Stacking Cats, Black Disrupted Cubes White Scatty Scotty, Grey Sheep, Olive Woodland Teal Dogs, Blue Disrupted Cubes, Teal Highland
- Environmentally friendly, reusable coffee cup, made from one of the fastest-growing materials in the world.
- Available in: Blue Owl, Peonies, Woodland, Beige Feather, Fuchsia Butterfly, Beige Scatty Scotty, Grey Funky Cat, Sheep Design, Alpacas Llamas, Highland Cow, Neutral Bees, Dragonflies, Scotties, Chicken, Hedgehog
- The stainless steel water bottle is double-walled with vacuum insulation.
- Suitable for hot or cold drinks.
- Ideal for work or the gym, the contemporary design is ultra-stylish and leak-proof.
- The airtight screw cap protects your gym bag, school bag or briefcase from unwanted leakage.
- Enjoy a hot tea or coffee for up to 12 hours or cold water; for up to 24 hours!
- Available in: Green Wild Birds, Stacking Cats, Black Feather, Teal Highland Cow, White Scatty Scotty, Beige Sheep
The relationship between bees and humans goes back many hundreds of years.
Although some of our human behaviour (for example “telling the bees” when there was a death, or other important family matter) is deemed to be purely superstitious, we now have evidence that bees help humans survive.
70% of the top 100 crop species that feed 90% of the human population rely on bees for pollination.
Without our bees, there would be a life-threatening catastrophe way beyond just losing a supply of honey. Welland Valley Feeds continues to promote the bees for this reason.
We have The Dewdrop Bee and Bug Hotel £19.99, Bee Cards by Sarah Boddy £2.50, Canvas Cutie Bee Happy £11.95, Suncatcher Kit Butterflies and Bees £11.99 as well as the Neutral Bees Bamboo Cup and Bee Square Bowl.
It was lovely to watch Jimmy and the Bees on Channel 4 and to see our Suppliers / Customers Eyebrook Wild Bird Feeds on there and the news!
Eyebrook have recently repacked their wild bird seed bags so when you nip into our store to buy your wild bird seed you’ll find the bags now look a little different. Excellent value for money at just £11 per 20kg.
Tilnar Art Products
We already stock a range of these lovely, quality, hand-made, fair trade products from Tilnar Art and have now added to the range.