How to shop with us
With the rules around shopping during COVID-19 changing frequently, here are four ways to shop safely with us.
- Click and Collect - Click here for more info
- Local Delivery - Click here for more info
- In store – open 7 days a week (Face masks required to be worn as per government guidelines)
- Phone – telephone order through and pay, goods can either be collected or delivered Tel: 01858 461463
*Card payments preferred and we have the £45 contactles
*If paying cash – exact money only please – no change given
*Remember if you are shielding and you use our click and collect or phone and collect service, we will bring your goods to your car, just phone us when you arrive in the car park.
We will resume with an A4 Welland Valley Feeds Newsletter in September so please get in touch if you would like to advertise. Also, we would welcome any feedback on the content and the size (A4/A5) of the newsletter - what you like about it or suggestions on what you would like it to include.
Keep an eye out for some bargains! We now have a clearance section on our website and there are some massive reductions to be had. All stock on these pages must go to make way for new ranges in store.
Awareness Days in August
Whilst we at WVF try to bring you quality products for your agricultural, equestrian and pets’ needs, we also like to offer up a bit of information. You’ve seen us promote some of the relevant “awareness dates” so this month we offer you:
Thursday 6th August - Cycle to Work Day - See our Flexothane garments, high visibility vests, beanies with light, gloves.
Saturday 8th August - International Cat Day - See products on sale to help with your cat’s oral hygiene.
Friday 10th August - National Allotments Week - See our Wilkinson Sword range of tools as well as a large selection of seeds.
Thursday 13th August - National Prosecco Day - And this one is listed just because we could all do with some bubbles!
Top travelling essentials for your horse
Whilst horse riding has been off the table with COVID-19, the good news is that with competitions & events starting up again in the equine world, we can finally get our horses back out and strutting their stuff! Whether it’s eventing or leisure riding, we have all your travelling essentials here at Welland Valley Feeds.
Lined Leather Headcollar £29.99 (Available in Black or Brown, Sizes: Pony, Cob, Full, X Full)
Fleece Bandages £12.50 (Navy or Red)
To get you there in style, check out our matching range of Aubrion bags.
- W30 x D23 x H28 cm
- A roomy, durable kit bag to help you be organised before your big event. In addition to the inner compartment, there are 8 outer pockets. Grab handles are also supported with a removable and adjustable shoulder strap
- W22 x D24 x H32 cm
- Smart padded zip opening hat bag
- W31 x D13 x H27 cm
- Both of these boot bags are padded with grab handles and hardwearing feet. The long boot bag has an external accessories pocket and whip pocket.
New Products in Saddlery :
- A double braided cotton lead rope designed for comfort and grip.
- Super soft cotton
- 2-meter length
- Hot melt end to prevent fraying
- Available in a range of colours: Grey, Ocean, Violet, Shiraz, Berry, Blue, Red, Navy
- Sizes: Pony, Cob, Full
- Ergonomic padded head collar designed for fit and comfort.
- Padded in key pressure areas
- Adjustable nose band for perfect fit
- Super soft webbing
The cat's teeth, not the cat’s whiskers!
Last August we ran a little article on looking after your dog’s teeth, so it’s only right we should offer the same attention to our feline friends…. especially as it is International Cat Day on Saturday 8th August.
Did you know?...
Cats are carnivores and need clean, strong, sharp teeth. They rely on you to help them stay tooth healthy – reducing their risk of infection and tooth loss because of gum disease, tartar / plaque build-up, foul breath, and abscesses. Ninety percent of cats develop dental problems over their lifetime with 70% having periodontal disease by the age of two. More worrying is the possibility of the accumulation of plaque with resultant bacteria leading to more serious infective complications in their lungs, liver, kidneys, and heart.
Signs that your cat needs a veterinary check-up include:
- Bad breath (often due to dental problems but may be indicative of digestive issues).
- Bleeding or a dark red line along the gums
- Swollen gums which could lead to tooth loss, inability to eat but could be a more serious problem like kidney disease or feline immunodeficiency virus
- Ulcers on the gums
- Excessive drooling or pawing at their mouth area
- Difficulty with chewing or refusal to eat
What to do to help your cat...
BRUSHING your cat’s teeth is the gold standard. It will require perseverance with short and positive sessions to get your cat used to the idea! Using a finger or cotton swab, gently massage the gums. Progress to a cat toothbrush (some can be worn over your finger) – with softer bristles and smaller than the ones used for us. Needless to say, they also need their own toothpaste (human stuff upsets their stomach). Just like us, they need to be rewarded for being patient with a treat or play and will help with future brushings.
OTHER AIDS TO DENTAL HEALTH include a well-balanced diet with fibre to help prevent build-up of plaque and ensures a healthy digestive tract. Chew toys, oral gels and dental treats also play a part in ensuring your cats teeth will be as good as the cat’s whiskers!
Dental Hygiene Products
Cat Foods with oral hygiene benefits
New Pet products August 2020
Ferplast Glam Bowl - Multiple Sizes. Available in Dove Grey, Red, Blue or Violet
New Animology Dog Shampoos and Conditioner
Animology is the multi-award winning pet care product brand that is trusted by pet owners, vets, retailers, groomers and championship show dog owners in more than 50 countries around the world to deliver the very highest standards of pet care.
Animology for puppies
Animology for cats
New Pet Toys
Can Jimmy Save the Bees?
Eyebrook Bird Feeds, local supplier of fantastic wild bird feed to Welland Valley Feeds are going to be featured in a new three part series presented by Jimmy Doherty this month on Channel 4. Jimmy is on a mission to save the UK’s bees and wants to learn more about what farmers, local government, schools and the general public can do to help his cause. He will also be encouraging the nation to do more in their gardens to provide food and habitat for bees. Welland Valley Feeds has a great variety of habitats and feed to encourage wildlife into your gardens and promote their conservation.
All metal, super strong seed feeder for bird seed. Designed for maximum ease of use and practicality.
- 4 port feeder with landing perches
- Black powder coated steel body for strength
- Stainless steel fine mesh
- No plastic parts to be eaten by squirrels
- Quick release dispenser base for easy cleaning & good bird hygiene
- Dimensions: 15.5 × 15.5 × 27.5 cm
Wildlife World’s colourful garden bird feeder in the shape of a daisy flower. The petal feeder is suitable for placing in garden borders, lawn or pots using the metal stem with ground spikes.
- The petal feeder is suitable for all types of food, seed, kibbled nuts, and meal worms.
- A drainage hole is provided in the ceramic flower to stop it filling with rain.
- Dimensions: 14 × 14 × 71 cm
The Eco Beacon Bird Feeder is made from recycled “second life” plastic so it is kind to the planet. It is British designed and manufactured in the UK.
- Free Bird Seed Complimentary 100g of Premium Seed Mix*
- Light and easy to hang from integral hanging loop
- Easy to fill through the swivel port on Eco Beacon roof
- Suitable for seeds, hearts, kibbled nuts
- See through hopper to monitor food levels
This pretty Bee Barn provides a safe home for all types of friendly solitary bees in your garden.
- Produced from sustainably managed, FSC-certified wood, with a recycled second-life plastic frontage
- Comes in an attractive gift box and is easy to put up and care for
Designed to become a fantastic place to watch your favourite garden birds the Bird Barn can be hung from almost anything and is so easy to refill once dinner has disappeared.
- The Bird Barn is produced from FSC-certified timber which is harvested from sustainably managed forests.
- The green plastic board is second-life recycled plastic.
Why not get a Bug Palace to provide sanctuary for ladybirds, lacewings and other insects? Beneficial insects have always been the gardener’s friend because they provide valuable service of eating garden pests such as aphids.
- Suitable as nesting sites for female solitary bees who will lay their eggs inside.
Gardening in August
PRUNING, PLANNING and PUTTING YOUR FEET UP
- Safeguard your tomato plants
To help your plant thrive and reduce its risk of disease, remove the lower level leaves. This allows more room for the leaves above. They then stay drier and free from soil containing pathogens.
WVF have 14 different varieties of tomato seeds for sowing January – April and harvesting July – October
Vitax Organic Control 2 in 1 Plant Invigorator
Cleans and strengthens flowers, fruit and vegetables ability to withstand stress from pest and disease attack – spray monthly during spring and summer. Outdoor use / under glass.
2. Plan ahead for gardening leave
If you want to ensure your plants are watered and you do not want to rely on neighbours, invest in a growbag waterer. You can control the amount and frequency of water your plants need so they remain hydrated (without becoming waterlogged) once set up.
3. Lop back your lavender
Prune back about a third of your lavender plant using sharp, clean pruning shears after its flowering period. This promotes new growth. Cuttings can be placed in a cold frame in moist, well-drained soil.
4. Wind down for winter
If you want to harvest in hardy vegetables (like broccoli, cabbage and Brussel sprouts) throughout the winter months, August is the month to plant them into a cultivated, open, free-draining site.
- 2 different varieties of Sprouting Broccoli seeds
- 5 varieties of Calabrese seeds
- 18 varieties of Cabbage seeds
- 6 varieties of Brussel sprouts
August is the time to give your hedge its final trim. Garden birds should have left their nests and the hedge will soon stop growing. It is also time to prune any late summer-flowering shrubs and wisteria.
- 10-year guarantee
- Compact, lightweight, non-stick coating on high quality carbon steel overlapping bypass blades providing an accurate and even cut.
Wilkinson Sword Stainless Steel Collection
Fresh fruit tastes wonderful but many crops (gooseberries, onions, tomatoes, plums, damsons) can be used to make pleasurable pickles, juicy jams and just-so jellies – these can be savoured throughout the coming months.
- Measures rain & sprinkler water coverage
- Graduated in millimetres / inches to 50mm
Don't forget the Gardening Gloves
- Water resistant, light duty, washable, fitted wrist
- Ultra-soft yet hard-wearing
- 2-way stretch mesh between fingers for good temperature control and improved dexterity
- Padded palm for extra cushioning and wrist strap adjustment
Household Top Products
- Removes 99.9% of bacteria
- Antibacterial to leave hands hygienically clean
- Neutralises malodours. Ideal for use in food preparation
- With added moisturisers to leave hands feeling soft and nourished
- Vegan & Cruelty Free
- The new Morning Dew concentrated Disinfectant can be used to eliminate germs and bugs on surfaces around the home including E.coli and Salmonella. It’s also great as a deodoriser in sinks, drains and toilets.
- The Pet Fresh fragrance contains rose and geranium floral notes with a hint of citrus and orange blossom offering all day freshness.
- Zoflora is a concentrated multipurpose disinfectant that kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, helping to protect your family from potentially harmful germs, whilst also eliminating odours to leave homes beautifully fragrant all day.
- Dilute and Spray It, Soak It, Wipe It, Mop It or use neat down drains and plugholes.
Barking Heads Offer
£10 off 12kg of Barking Heads throughout August
Molasses Free Healthy Hooves Offer
Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free £1.50 off during August
Win a Royal Canin Goody Bag
Find the animals and their young for your chance to win a Royal Canin Goody Bag. Words can read up, down and diagonally. Closing date Monday 17th August 2020 at 09.30 a.m. Good luck!
|Alpaca – Cria||Bee – Larva||Butterfly – Caterpillar; Pupa; Chrysalis|
|Cat – Kitten||Chickens – Peeps||Cow – Calf|
|Dog – Puppy||Frog – Tadpole||Goat – Kid|
|Hamster – Pup||Horse – Foal; Colt; Filly; Suckling||Rabbit – Kit; Bunny|
Parrot – Chick
|Sheep – Lamb; Lambkin; Cosset||Turkey – Poult|
MSF Welland Valley Feeds - Competition Terms: When entering this competition, you are agreeing to us using your information for our marketing purposes. The information is NOT shared with any third party. We will announce the winner on our Facebook page and in the next issue of our Newsletter. Please indicate how you would prefer us to contact you: Post ( ) Email ( ) Telephone ( ) SEND / E-MAIL / DROP OFF Your entries by Monday 17th August 2020 at 09.30 a.m. Post: MSF Welland Valley Feeds Limited, Rockingham Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire. LE16 7QE E-mail: email@example.com.